I love to write I really do.... I keep telling myself as I look at this amazingly nostalgic leather journal my best friend bought for me over a year ago. It has about 13 pages filled in and all of the entries are spaced weeks and months apart. I've always wanted to be good about recording my life and thoughts in some form of written medium that makes me feel like a REAL writer. I think my problem isn't laziness or procrastination. I think my problem is I wait until the perfect inspirational moment... and I think that I've just discovered my fantasy related to that moment... and it doesn't exist. I used to think that there was this strange nebulous of existence that a good writer would somehow transport into and then this genius idea would soar on wings of scrolls from the heavens and be imparted to the diligent and creative writer. I guess I missed the portal. So here I am again, starting yet another blog and staring at that enticing journal... what to write...
The only way to get started is to just do it. Thanks Nike. I may not have many readers, but who cares. It may not all sound intelligent and scholarly, but who cares. I love to read and I love to write. And the only way I'm going to get any better at writing is to just do it. So this is my attempt to get started again. Here's to a great story... Thanks to Donald Miller for inspiring me to write again. If you haven't read a "million miles in a thousand years," you should... it's amazing.
So this blog is basically about a lot of things. The things that I like, and the things that I want to do and be. I hope that some of my thoughts can impart some insight into other peoples lives.
My life is wasted if it did not benefit anyone other than myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment